Sunday, April 3, 2011

Living A Life of ALL

ALL--very small word in the english language but used quite a bit.  Depending on which translation you use, each one has the word all over four thousand times--some almost five thousand.  That's a lot!   I realize we are all educated but thought I would just reference the meaning.  All is a word that is used as a quantifier; representing something in its entirety.  Simple enough but God chose to use it over four thousand times in His Word.
First thing that comes to mind for me is Deteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.   God's command is to love Him with every fiber of our being.  It's a significant command and Jesus quoted it in Matthew 22:37.  And in Mark 12:30 He goes a step further, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

As my walls have started coming down that I built many years ago I can now see that I was not loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.   You can only do this by humbly submitting every area of your life over to Christ.  This is includes past hurt and pain.  Only then can He truly do His best work in you.  Ezekial 36:26 says  I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.   I'm counting on God to do this for me.  I no longer want the heart of stone.

One of my favorite chapters in Psalm is 51--verse 10 says, Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

I pray that you would choose to live a life of ALL today by giving Christ all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

1 comment: