Monday, November 5, 2012

DNA


Do you ever just sit in awe of who God is and what He has done?  I mean really if you take more than two seconds it is mind-blowing.
I find it fascinating how detail-oriented God is about everything.  In my bible study we are going through Genesis.  In Genesis 1:27 it says, So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. I've read it many times as I'm sure you have in the past but I am seeing it through new eyes.  God creating--bringing things into existence from nothing, from emptiness.  And, of all His creations, He CHOSE us to bear His image.  Ephesians 1:4-5 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Our physical bodies are so complex.  Doctors gain new knowledge every day but still don't know how the human body works completely.  I've taken a renewed interest in the body, DNA and how it works so that I can better manage my lifestyle changes.  I recently learned about laminin.  Laminin is defined by the Webster Medical Dictionary as a "glycoprotein that is a component of connective tissue basement membrane and that promotes cell adhesion."  In other words, looking at laminin as a kind of glue isn't far from the truth.  There are several different laminins.  I've put a picture below of what it looks like.



Just as Laminin is essential for our physcial bodies to function and work properly, Christ must be the glue that we cling to so that spiritually we function and work properly.  God gave us a body, soul and spirit just as there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  The Father, the Son and the Spirit are one just as our body, soul and spirit are one. The body is the temple of God according to 1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;   My physical body is just as important to take care of as is my spirit and soul.  Each should be aligned.  Is your body, soul and spirit in alignment with God?  Seems like an easy question however, how much time is spent reading scripture? Meditating on God's Word? Praying? Exercising? Eating right?  How we spend our time reflects whether we are in balance or not.  My soul has been parched lately.  I hunger and thirst for God's Word and can't get enough.  I hope you find yourself with a deep hunger and thirst for it too.
Romans 6:13 tells us, Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.  The greatest offering that we can give to God is giving back our body, soul and spirit; completely.  Is your body an instrument of righteousness? 

This body that God intricately designed was created to please Him.  In Hebrews 12:1, Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.  God gave me the body I have, it is my responsibility to take care of it to the best of my ability and to offer it back to Him.

As you begin (or end) your day I pray you can say that your body is/was an offering to God today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=qGQaIsEkT4s
Offering Third Day


No comments:

Post a Comment