Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 - A Year of New Beginnings

2015 Day 1 and it is a year of new beginnings and great promise. As most of you know this blog began from a desire to have my body, soul and spirit to be more balanced; to have inner beauty reflected on the outside and outside inward. It has been a long time since I have posted but God patiently has continued to prompt me to continue. What better time than today? The great thing about serving The One True God is that He is a God of second chances, third, etc. When He says He will never leave or forsake you He means it. I have went through a season of not "feeling" like God was with me, that I didn't have anything to say and avoided blogging. Although I was prompted to continue blogging I just kept it on the back burner allowing 'other things' to consume my time. Our gracious God never let go of me but continued to tug on my heart and woo me back to Himself. I've had a roller coaster year in 2014 and can see that God has kept me in the palm of His hand. Isaiah 41:10 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' My prayer is still that God will make my inside match my outside. My focus had moved to my eating and exercising but neglected my bible study time. As I begin writing again, my focus will be to find balance--to be spiritually fat and physically fit. So, as I begin a new year with new promise, join me in the days to come as I share my journey in growing with God and building a healthier life. Today, I start with a clean slate...clean canvas...Lord create a masterpiece. I have chosen Isaiah 43:18-19 as this year's verse: "Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. "Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment